Fresh from the code quarry! We’ve released the long overdue SE PHP 4.3 upgrade. If you’re a current SocialEngine customer, you can get your hands on it right now from the client area. If you’re not, you can grab a fresh copy here. If you are upgrading, BE SURE to make a complete backup of your site, and avoid upgrading your site while it’s live. It’s always best to copy it to a separate instance where you can deal with any upgrade issues that might arise before rolling it out publicly.
We’ve included a bunch of fixes and some new stuff in SE PHP 4.3 – here’s a consolidated list. You can also check the included changelog for complete details.
New pages added to layout editor:
- Groups > create
- Groups > manage
- Events > create
- Events > manage
- Forums > topic > create
- Videos > manage
- Videos > create
- Polls > create
- Polls > manage
- Music > manage
- Music > create
- Settings > general
- Settings > networks
- Settings > notifications
- Settings > change password
- Settings > privacy
- Settings > delete account
- Classifieds > manage
- Classifieds > create
- Blogs > manage
- Blogs > create
- Albums > upload
- Albums > manage
- Core > search
- Messages > message > view
- Forgot password
- Poll options with the highest values don’t display percentages
- Activity items that are shared now include media type
- JSON error fixed on admin’s site-wide statistics page
- Duplicate link title problem (when sharing a SE-generated page on Facebook) now fixed
- “Number of playlists per page” setting in music plugin fixed
- Now possible to see who has RSVP’d to an event after viewing event guests
- Fixed problem with photos persisting in album plugin even after clicking “clear list” or “remove” when uploading photos
- Fixed problem where clicking “approve all selected” box on Member Management page in admin failed to create new activity items for newly approved members
- Fixed problem where pagination links would be broken when two widgets of the same kind were placed on the same page
- Fixed problem where songs within the Music Plugin couldn’t be played on some mobile devices
- Fixed problem where disabling access to music features in member level settings didn’t hide the “add music” link on the compose message form. “add photo” and “add video” also fixed.
- Fixed problem where some IE9 users couldn’t post comments.
- Fixed problem where incorrect menu item was active within Music Plugin.
- Fixed problem where event invite page went blank due to language pack issues.
New stuff and improvements:
- Private message compose form now appears as a pop-up modal, instead of it’s own page.
- Private messages are now searchable.
- “Check all” box added to private message inbox page.
- Photos can now be uploaded to the activity feed via mobile devices.
- Admin’s control panel layout refactored and improved
- Added individual privacy level settings for each profile field on the user’s edit profile page.
Let us know what you guys think. Again, please be careful when upgrading and make a COMPLETE backup – and avoid upgrading on your live site. We’ll be rolling out another SE PHP upgrade in less than 1 month which will include many more improvements, including a major frontend overhaul for the default theme.