If you use standard flat-style comments all replies are mixed. So replies to other comments and replies to the original post are all in the same level. Nested comments plugin helps to overcome this organizing all posts in threads.
- Comment threads allow to keep replies organized
- Upvoting and Downvoting for comments
- Users can comment the post or reply to other comments
- Set max deepness for threads
- You can use Nested Comments on any standard SE plugin or even add them to a static page
- WYSIWYG editor
- edit comments
- sorting by votes, date
1. Install the plugin using the standard SE package manager
Go to Layout Editor (admin panel: main menu->layout->layout editor). Choose a page you want to have nested comments
2. Delete the standard Comments widget. You can skip this step if you are adding comments to a static page
3. Drag and drop Nested Comments widget on the page. Save changes.
1. Remove Nested Comments widget
2. Set the standard commenting widget. Save Changes.
Need help with setup? We can assist (URL: bit.ly/wh_setup)
Supported plugins and pages (those were tested, others may work fine as well): Blogs, Groups, Member Profile pages, Events, Static pages.
Note, comments on What’s New feed won’t be affected by this plugin. If 3rd party plugin page appears in the standard SocialEngine layout system - most likely it will be supported. We are currently working to offer support for more third-party plugins
Profile page tab: http://webhiveteam.com/demo4/profile/samb/tab/whcomment.comments
Static Page: http://webhiveteam.com/demo4/pages/nested-comments
Groups plugin: http://webhiveteam.com/demo4/group/8/tab/whcomment.comments
Keyword Tags: nested, comments tree, comments, sort, tree view, comment counter, threaded comments, threading, cloud comments, cloud nested, comments tree, comments, sort, tree view, comment counter, threaded comments, threading, advanced comments