Suggestions / Recommendations Plugin
Increase user engagement and friendships on your Social Network.
This plugin provides you the best tools to increase user engagement on your Social Network. This highly customizable plugin enables your site to recommend various content and friends to users, just like Facebook does, and is amongst the most useful social graph feature for your Social Network. Users can also suggest content and friends to their friends. The algorithms behind the recommendation engine are based on user relevance, and highlight content and people that the users might actually be interested in.
Suggestions are shown to users in widgets, pop-ups, and users can also receive them from their friends. Users may reject suggestions that they are not interested in, and such suggestions will not be shown to them again. The suggestion displays are also triggered at admin configurable action points as mentioned in the Recommendations & Suggestions tab. The mixed recommendations widget shows to the users suggestions from the various available suggestion types.
This plugin provides your social network and its users effective tools to expand their social graphs. It enables your site to give sound recommendations to users for adding friends. Users can also suggest friends to their other friends, and these trusted suggestions can lead to a chain of friend additions. Users can also securely import their contact lists / address books from popular email services and applications to invite their contacts on the site, or to see which of their contacts are site members, and add them as friends. These features are very similar to the ones on Facebook and allow for quick growth in your site's user-base and connections.
* Users are shown recommendations for content and friends, just like it is on Facebook.
* Users can suggest content and friends to their friends. This can be done through Suggestion popups appearing after admin configurable actions, or through "Suggest to Friends" links on content pages and friends profiles. There are also suggestions like suggesting profile picture to friends and contacting a friend.
* Supports recommendations and suggestions for 9 SocialEngine plugins, and more.
* Suggestion popups appear after actions on content and friends like creating group, joining group, creating classified, creating album, adding friend, approving friend request, etc. Users can suggest the joined group to their friends, and so on.
* 12 widgets for showing recommendations to users and 14 suggesion popups.
* Algorithms of the recommendation engine are based on user relevance and show recommendations which the users are likely to be interested in.
* Highly configurable site introduction popup to welcome new users on the site.
* Seamlessly integrated with the SocialEngine Notification updates and Requests systems.
* Users can see and act upon suggestions received from friends on the Requests page, and the suggestions listing page.
* Allows users to remove / reject suggestions which they do not find useful. These suggestions are replaced by new suggestions via ajax.
* Viral features similar to the ones on Facebook, to grow friend connections on your site, and the user-base.
* Friend Recommendations (People you may know) widget, which also enables users to see mutual friends.
* Friend Suggestion popups:
- Popup after "Add as Friend": After a user sends a friend request to someone, he is shown a popup to suggest that member to his other friends who might know that member. The selected friends for the suggestion will receive the Friend suggestion and its update.
- Popup after clicking on "Suggest to Friends": Clicking on the Suggest to Friends link on a friend's profile enables user to suggest this friend to other friends.
- Popup after Accepting Friend Request: After a user accepts a friend request, he is shown a popup suggesting to him friends of the added friend which he might be interested to add.
* "Find Friends" page listing more friend recommendations for the user than the "People you may know" widget. This page also allows users to search for friends on the site.
* Import & Invite functionality: Users can import their contact lists / address books from the below mentioned services to see which of their contacts are present on the site and add them as friends. Users can also send invites to their contacts who are not on the site.
- Popular Webmail services supported: Gmail, Yahoo, Windows Live(Hotmail), AOL.
- Contact Lists in CSV & TXT formats can be uploaded and imported. Some services supported are: LinkedIn, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Address Book, Mac OS X Address Book, Palm Desktop, Windows Mail.
* Email queuing mechanism for sending out invite emails.
* Ajax based features for good user experience.
* Seamless integration with SocialEngine's theme system.
* Choose settings for the various widgets.
* Enable / disable the various suggestion popups triggered for the user actions as mentioned above.
* Configure the suggestions that should be included amongst the mixed suggestions.
* Configure the site introduction / welcome popup.
* Configure settings for the contact importer.
More Screenshots : http://www.socialengineaddons.com/socialengine-suggestions-recommendations-plugin
Demo : http://demo.socialengineaddons.com
Admin Demo provided upon request.
How many widgets are available with this plugin ?
There are 12 widgets available with this plugin. See the Plugin Homepage for details.
Is this easy to install?
Yes, absolutely! This plugin will install seamlessly on your SocialEngine with the one click Package installation feature.
What will my plugin download contain?
The plugin download will be a zipped file, which upon extraction will give the plugin package tar file, the license file, and the installation instructions file.
I want to customize this plugin according to the offerings and design of my site. Can you help me?
Yes, please contact us from here :