Advanced Facebook Integration / Likes and Open Graph
Facebook is fast becoming the most popular way of sharing links, photos and other content. It is becoming a powerful new driver of traffic for many sites.
This plugin enables your site to leverage the latest viral tools provided by Facebook for websites. It enables you to generate high degree of user engagement and social interaction between your website and Facebook, thus leading to increased popularity, increased registrations and growth in traffic. Moreover, this plugin allows websites to get branded without advertising by enabling them to push their content into Facebook's viral channels.
This plugin enhances the basic Facebook Integration in-built into SocialEngine.
Facebook Like Buttons:
* The Like button lets a user share your content with friends on Facebook. When the user clicks the Like button on your site, a story appears in the user's friends' News Feed with a link back to your website.
* Users can add comment while sharing content on Facebook through this button.
* The button shows to the user his Facebook friends who have liked the content, thus attracting the user's attention.
* Both the Facebook Like Button and Open Graph Protocol form a powerful feature combination on your site. This plugin provides both of these!
* Using this button, users can Like content, user profiles, as well as your site.
* Implementation of Facebook Like Button for popular content from 9 SocialEngine Plugins, Documents and Listings / Catalog Items.
* Integration of Facebook Like Buttons with "Likes Plugin and Widgets": If a user clicks on the Facebook Like Button for an item, the item will also be liked on your site. Thus, this will also lead to the action being propagated across your site, in the various widgets, likes pages, activity feeds, etc.
* Admin configurable Facebook Like Buttons provide high customization.
* Facebook Like Button Configurator allows admin to generate code for Facebook Like Button to be placed at any URL of choice.
* Feed stories published on Facebook when content on your site is liked, also conveys your brand visually by showcasing your logo. You should upload your site's logo / icon in your application settings on Facebook. For feed stories to be published on Facebook for user actions like creating a group, creating an album, etc, please visit our Facebook Feed Stories Publisher.
Open Graph Implementation:
* Implementation of Open Graph protocol for popular content from 9 SocialEngine Plugins, Documents, Listings / Catalog Items and homepage.
* Open Graph protocol enables you to integrate your Web pages into the universal social graph.
* Including Open Graph tags on your Web page, makes your Site's page equivalent to a Facebook Page!
• This means when a Facebook user clicks a Like button on a page of your site, a connection is made between your page and the user.
• Your page will appear in the 'Likes and Interests' section of the user's Facebook profile. This will link back to the webpage on your site.
• You will have the ability to publish updates to the user on Facebook. The updates will link back to your site.
• Your page will show up in same places that Facebook pages show up around Facebook (e.g. Facebook Search, User Feeds, User Facebook Profiles, etc). These will link back to the webpage on your site.
• All this is like Advertizing for Free!
• You can also target ads on Facebook to people who Like your Site's content.
* Your site's content will be shown on Facebook along with your site URL and meta information like main picture, title, description, etc. For example, when a Group from your site appears on Facebook, it will show your site's URL, group title, group photo and group description. It will also link back to the group on your site.
* Admin can configure various meta information for the content pages, user profiles and homepage.
* Admin can choose the administrators of corresponding Facebook Pages for the various site's pages.
* Administrators can publish Facebook updates to users who have liked their content.
* Like us on Facebook: Contains Facebook Like Button for liking the website.
* More widgets and pages like: Facebook News Feed, Facebook Friends not on site, Facebook Friends on site, My Facebook Page, Invite Facebook Friends, etc are available through Facebook News Feed, Friends, Inviter and more plugin.
* Admin can see which all URLs from the site have been liked on Facebook, and the number of times they have been liked.
* Complete statistics for clicks on Facebook Like Buttons, analytics for Facebook Integration are also available on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/insights.
* Enter Facebook User ID of Site Admin. Site Admin becomes the default administrator of all corresponding Facebook Pages of the site.
* Facebook Like Button Settings:
- Enable / disable buttons for the various content types, user profiles and site homepage.
- Configure design and layout settings for the buttons.
* Facebook Like Button Configurator: Generate code of Facebook Like Button to place it at any URL of choice.
* Likes Integration: Enable / disable integration of Facebook's Like Buttons with the Likes system of the site (feature dependent on the "Likes Plugin and Widgets").
* Open Graph Implementation Settings:
- Configure the Open Graph Meta tags for the various content types and site homepage.
- Select if the content creators of the respective content types should be made admins of the corresponding Facebook Pages.
* View Statistics:
- General Facebook Integration statistics like number of active users, etc. These statistics can be viewed over multiple periods.
- Statistics for clicks on Facebook Like Buttons for various URLs of site.
* Control widgets.
Admin Demo provided upon request.
Is this easy to install?
Yes, absolutely! This plugin will install seamlessly on your SocialEngine with the one click Package installation feature.
What will my plugin download contain?
The plugin download will be a zipped file, which upon extraction will give the plugin package tar file, the license file, and the installation instructions file.
Is this a stand-alone plugin?
Yes, no other plugins are required to run this plugin.
Is this plugin dependent on SocialEngine's in-built Facebook Integration?
Enabling of SocialEngine's in-built Facebook Integration is not required for this plugin to work.
I have another plugin installed on my site for connecting to Facebook, which uses old Facebook libraries. Will it conflict with this plugin?
I want to customize this plugin according to the offerings and design of my site. Can you help me?
Yes, please contact us from here: http://www.socialengineaddons.com/contact-us with your customization requirements.