Advanced Activity Feeds / Wall Plugin
Activity Feeds are the most important component of online communities, where much of user engagement, content discovery and interaction happens. It is the first feature of your site that is used after signup and every login. Advanced Activity Feeds / Wall Plugin provides the right set of features and configurations for activity feeds and profile walls on your site. The quality of activity feeds experience from this plugin makes your SocialEngine site interactive and addictive for users.
Features like feeds filtering, privacy for updates, info tooltips, auto-loading feeds, friends & Page tagging, enhanced notifications, attractive photo viewer, Facebook & Twitter integration, and many more, combined with attractive user interface provide intuitive and engaging experience to users.
* Feeds Filtering enables users to filter activity feeds and wall based on content types, actions, friend lists, or their custom created lists. This way, users can choose to see updates of content, actions and friends that they are interested in.
* Privacy for posts enables users to choose the people with whom they want to share their updates. For privacy, generalized options like Everyone, Friends & Networks, Friends Only, Only Me, as well as Friend Lists can be selected. Updates can also be made visible to multiple friend lists.
* The powerful features of Feeds Filtering and Posts Privacy combined form a great functionality for collaborative working and sharing.
* Users can tag Friends as well as Directory Items / Pages to refer to them in their posts. Tagged entities get notification updates and emails.
* Attractive and feature-rich status update / sharing box has advanced features like auto-link-detection, auto-detection of video links (Youtube and Vimeo), media sharing, inserting emoticons, adding friends and more!
* Interactive AJAX Tooltips containing information and quick action links, on mouse-over for sources and entities in the site activity feeds. Enable easier interaction and engagement!
* Facebook & Twitter Integration: Enables users to see Facebook and Twitter feeds right on your site, as well as easily post updates to them. Creates a Social Hub on your website. Useful features like auto-loading of new feeds, AJAX refresh, dis-connect, etc.
* Welcome Functionality: Shows welcome / introductory content to users and enables them to quickly familiarize and grow their network in your community, thus converting signups to frequent logins. Pre-built widgets like Invite People, Explore Suggestions, Most Liked Items, etc. You can also create Custom Content Blocks. Intelligent settings enables you to configure welcome content such that different users see different content depending on their number of friends, and days since signup.
* Advanced features for activity feeds like auto-loading of new feeds, auto-loading of old activity feeds on scrolling down, hiding feeds, hiding all updates from a user / Page, reporting feeds, and many more!
* Attractive tabs with multiple design options in Advanced Activity Feeds widget for Welcome tab, Site Activity Feeds, Facebook Feeds and Twitter Feeds. Intuitive automatic indication of new feeds in a particular tab.
* Advanced Notification Updates which are more attractive and informative like on Facebook.
* Mobile Compatibility: Compatible with the SocialEngine Mobile Plugin.
* User Experience:
• Attractive and intuitive user interface.
• Extensive AJAX implementation for displaying and posting information without page reloads.
• Easy navigation for comfortable browsing experience on your site.
• Emoticons and Smileys add liveliness and interactivity.
* Users can filter activity feeds to see updates from content types, content items, friends and actions that they are interested in.
* Easily accessible filtering options make this a smooth enjoyable experience for users.
* Homepage activity feeds can be filtered over:
• Updates from Friends
• Updates about Likes
• Status Posts
• Updates of individual Content Types (Photos, Groups, Pages, Events, Videos, etc - Any 3rd party content plugin supported)
• Updates from Friend Lists (Family, Co-workers, etc.)
• Custom Lists - Users can create custom lists by choosing content items and friends. Example, I can create a list containing Friend A, Friend B, Page A, Group A, Event A which are my work related items and call this list: Work. Any 3rd party content plugin is supported.
* For Directory Items / Pages, feeds on their wall can be filtered based on: Page (Page Admins), Friends and Everyone.
* For Content Profile / View pages, feeds on their wall can be filtered based on: Owner, Friends and Everyone (Groups, Events, Blogs, etc - Any 3rd party content plugin supported).
* For User Profiles, feeds on their wall can be filtered based on: Profile Owner and Everyone.
* Administrative controls for choosing entities over which filtering on Member Homepage should be available and sequence of filtering options. With this, you can choose to allow filtering for important content types, or place them higher in order.
* While posting updates, users can choose to share them with people of their choice; the posts will thus be visible to the chosen people only.
* This privacy for wall posts works over sharing of all content from status update box like photos, videos, music and links.
* Users can choose general privacy options like: Everyone, Friends & Networks, Friends Only, Only Me, OR can also choose to share their update/media with their Friend Lists (like Family, Co-workers, etc). A post can also be shared with multiple Friend Lists (like Family and Close Friends).
* Admin can enable/disable posts privacy selection.
Tagging in Posts:
* Users can tag Friends as well as Directory Items / Pages to refer to them in their posts.
* Popularly used method of tagging: by typing "@" followed by entity name, has been implemented.
* When user starts typing name after "@", suitable options appear in an attractive auto-suggest.
* Tagged entities appear as links with mouse-over Info Tooltips in posts.
* Friends tagged in posts receive notification updates and emails.
* Admins of Directory Items / Pages tagged in posts receive notification updates and emails.
Status Posting / Sharing Box:
* Attractive user interface and AJAX status posting with no page re-load.
* Post to Facebook and Twitter: Users can choose to post their update on site to Facebook and Twitter as well.
* Add Photo, Video & Music: Users can add Media in their posts (Photos, Videos and Music - dependent on the availability of SE Photo Albums, Video Sharing and Music Plugins respectively. In "Directory / Pages Plugin", this is dependent on the respective extensions for these media.)
* Add Link: Links can be added to posts.
* Auto Link Detection:
• Normal links added in posts are auto-detected and attached with post.
• Video links (from Youtube and Vimeo) are auto-detected and respective videos are attached with post.
* Tagging: Friends and Directory Items / Pages can be tagged in posts to mention them.
* Add Friends: Users can Add Friends in their posts. Names of added friends appear in posts starting with: "- with", and are linked to their profiles with an Info Tooltip. Friends are intelligently grouped if many are added in a post. Added friends get notification updates and emails.
* Emoticons / Smileys can be inserted into posts, thus making them very expressive and attractive.
* Privacy: Users can choose privacy for their posts.
* Interactive AJAX Tooltips on mouse-over for sources and entities in the site activity feeds (Any 3rd party content plugin supported).
* Information: Contain information about the respective entities depending on their content type like: Category, Likes, Friends who Like, Mutual Friends, Members & Friends attending (for Events), Total Members and Friends as Members (for Groups) and so on.
* Information about Friends are attractively shown with photo thumbnails of a few friends.
* Quick Action Links: Enable users to quickly perform a relevant action on the entity like: Add Friend, Message, Share, Suggest to Friends (requires "Suggestions / Recommendations Plugin"), Poke (requires the FREE Poke Plugin).
* Admin settings for choosing information and action links to be available.
* Enable easier interaction and good user experience.
Facebook & Twitter Integration:
* Facebook Tab: Users can see their Facebook News Feed right from within the site.
* Users can post their Facebook Updates from here.
* Twitter Tab: Users can see their Twitter updates right from within the site.
* Users can post their Twitter Updates from here.
* Auto-loading of feeds from these.
* AJAX refresh for feeds without page re-loads.
* Makes users spend more time on your website; acts as a Social Hub for users.
* Integrated seamlessly with SocialEngine's in-built basic Facebook and Twitter integrations.
* Users can dis-connect any time with their Facebook and Twitter accounts if they want to logout.
* Attractive user interface.
* Welcome users to your site. Use this to show welcome / introductory content to users.
* Displays welcome content to users and enables them to quickly familiarize and grow their network in your community. Helps in converting signups to frequent logins.
* Welcome Tab can be rendered in Advanced Activity Feeds widget.
* Pre-built Widgets: Easily and quickly get users going on your website by helping them explore quality content and connect with other people. Ready to display widgets like:
• Invite Friends (requires "People you may know / Friend Suggestions & Inviter" plugin OR "Suggestions / Recommendations Plugin")
• People You May Know (requires "People you may know / Friend Suggestions & Inviter" plugin OR "Suggestions / Recommendations Plugin")
• Explore Suggestions (requires "Suggestions / Recommendations Plugin")
• Most Liked Items (requires the FREE "Likes Plugin and Widgets")
• Upload Profile Photo
• Search for People
* Custom Content Blocks: Admin can create multiple custom blocks. Can be used to show welcome content to users which is different from the already available blocks. For example, you can introduce those features / aspects of your site that form your site's most important core features.
* Intelligent settings to configure welcome content such that different users are shown different content depending on their number of friends, and days since signup on you site. This way, you can ensure that welcome content stays relevant for users.
* Other widgets can also be placed here.
* Blocks in Welcome tab / page can be easily arranged according to your choice using drag-and-drop.
* Newly-signed-up users can be welcomed upon their first login by showing welcome content on homepage.
* Widgetized Welcome page and can thus be opened with a dedicated URL.
* Welcome Tab content can be placed anywhere on your website from the Layout Editor.
* Auto-loading of new activity feeds via AJAX.
* Auto-loading of old activity feeds via AJAX when user scrolls to the bottom of page.
* Attractive sliding effect for status updates and new activity feeds.
* Activity Feeds are generated for "Like" activities - when users Like something. (requires the FREE "Likes Plugin and Widgets")
* Activity Feeds are generated for Birthday wishes. Activity feeds for birthday wishes to a user are grouped, just like on Facebook. Users can wish on someone's birthday directly from the activity feed. (requires the FREE "Birthdays Plugin-Listing, Wishes, Reminder Emails & Widgets")
* Page Updates with Page Profile:
• Updates by Directory Items / Pages can be posted with Page Photo and Title, and can be linked to Page profile, instead of Page Admin's photo and name.
• Comments by Page Admin on Page profile and on Page contents (video, photo, document, etc) can also be posted as with Page photo and name.
• Admin can enable / disable this.
* Hide / Report Feeds: Users can hide or report as inappropriate, individual feeds.
* Hide All from User / Page: Users can choose to hide all activity feeds from particular Users / Pages. After that they do not receive updates from the particular User / Page. Users can easily un-hide and continue to receive updates again from hidden Users / Pages.
* Hiding and Reporting occurs via AJAX with nice user experience.
* Users can easily delete their updates via AJAX.
* Every activity feed entry has an attractive dropdown showing options for taking above mentioned actions.
* Share counts are maintained for "Share" actions and users can see who all have shared an activity / content.
* "Tag Friends" link enables users to add more friends in their updates in which they have added friends. "Remove Tag" link enables users to remove themselves from feeds in which they have been added.
* Attractive tabs in main Advanced Activity Feeds widget for: Welcome Tab, Site Activity Feeds, Facebook Feeds and Twitter Feeds.
* Multiple attractive designs available for tabs:
• Icon only
• Icon and Title
• Title only
* When on a different tab in Advanced Activity Feeds widget, new feeds in Site Activity, Facebook and Twitter are auto-detected and indicated with an attractive Star-like mark on the respective tab.
* "Updates" dropdown in the header mini-navigation has been made attractive and informative to also show user profile photo and update time, just like in Facebook.
* Follows SocialEngine's theme standards and will work well with all themes developed in accordance with SocialEngine's standards.
* SocialEngine's Core Activity Feed settings and attachments while posting status are retained.
* Advanced Activity Feeds Widget: For any position of this widget, you can choose the tabs to be available amongst Welcome Tab, Site Activity Feeds, Facebook Tab and Twitter Tab.
* Welcome widgets
* Settings for Tabs of Advanced Activity Feeds.
* Enable / disable and configure Info Tooltips.
* Enable / disable auto-loading of old activity feeds for scroll-down.
* Settings for status posting box.
* Feeds Filtering:
• Configure the homepage feeds filtering bar by choosing order of filtering options and the number of options to show.
• Enable / disable filtering over Custom Lists on member homepage and creation of Custom Lists.
• Enable / disable filtering over Friend Lists on member homepage.
• Enable / disable content options available for filtering and order their sequence.
• Add Content Types available for filtering (3rd party content plugin supported).
• Enable / disable content options available for Custom Lists and order their sequence.
• Add Content Types available for Custom Lists (3rd party content plugin supported).
* Activity Feed Settings (inherited from SocialEngine Core)
* View and act on reports of abusive feed content.
* Configure Welcome Settings:
• Welcome for newly signed-up users.
• Default tab or not.
• Enable / disable blocks to be displayed and their view settings.
• Create and enable custom blocks.
• Enable / disable other widgets to be shown.
* Configure Info Tooltip Settings: Choose Action Links and Information to be shown.
* Enable / disable enhanced notification updates.
* Choose locations for Advanced Activity Feeds widget and tabs to be available at each location.
More features coming up soon!
Main Plugin Page with detailed description and screenshots: http://www.socialengineaddons.com/socialengine-advanced-activity-feeds-wall-plugin
Admin Demo: http://demo.socialengineaddons.com/admindemo/
Is this easy to install?
Yes, absolutely! This plugin will install seamlessly on your SocialEngine with the one click Package installation feature.
What will my plugin download contain?
The plugin download will be a zipped file, which upon extraction will give the plugin package tar file, the license file, and the installation instructions file.
Is this a stand-alone plugin?
Yes, no other plugins are required to run this plugin.
I want to customize this plugin according to the offerings and design of my site. Can you help me?
Yes, please contact us with your customization requirements.