1. Benefits: Certified products are more appealing to clients as they have an assurance that the product has already been tested to work. These products have a badge to show they’ve been through the SocialEngine testing process. Certified products will have a more prominent view on the marketplace and will have additional promotional efforts such as blog posts, forum posts and eventually have Admin Panel ads. Apply as an Expert now in order to take advantage of this great feature.
2. Certification Fee: Products submitted for certification will be subject to a $20 certification fee for testing once the product passes the certification test. Products that were already certified will also be subject to this fee when recertification is needed (such as for major upgrades which require retesting).
3. Revenue from the Marketplace: Products listed in our marketplace are subject to a 30% commission fee upon purchase. This fee is deducted from the PayPal amount at time of purchase and 70% of the purchase amount is then sent to the Expert’s PayPal account on file.
4. Refunds: If any chargebacks or refunds are filed by a customer per our refund policy, SocialEngine may adjust that amount in any future payments to be made to that expert. Experts can also pre-approve such payments from their PayPal account to be made directly to SocialEngine whenever such chargebacks or refunds may occur.
5. Support and Maintenance of Certified products: Experts shall be solely responsible for providing good customer support and maintenance services to the end users of the certified products. Experts will provide all direct communications and services to and from Customers with respect to all support services. Expert will need to ensure that they provide a resolution for any support issue or problem as soon as it is commercially reasonable, but no later than five (5) business days from client contact.
6. Non-Disclosure of Information shared by SocialEngine with Experts: Any news or information if / whenever shared by SocialEngine with its certified experts at any point of time that may or may not be shared publicly by SocialEngine, shall not be shared by experts with anyone. This information can be regarding any development or business plans or about any product launches that SocialEngine may share with experts at any time.
1. Certification Acceptance Testing: Experts are solely responsible for testing the product well, making sure it works well from the perspective of technology, functionality, performance and user interface before submitting it for certification in SocialEngine Marketplace. After the expert submits the request, SocialEngine will require a minimum of five (5) business days to review, test and then approve / reject the certification request for a product. During this period, SocialEngine will test the product on a fresh installation of SocialEngine software and is free to do any kind of review of the product. After the testing, SocialEngine will let the expert know if the certification request for their product has been approved or rejected via email.
2. Compatibility with SocialEngine Software: Experts are required to ensure full compatibility of their product with SocialEngine core software and official plugins before submitting it for certification. Whenever any major or minor upgrades are released by SocialEngine of its core software, experts are required to test their products with that latest update and submit an updated version of their product on the Marketplace within thirty (30) days of that major or minor SocialEngine core Software release. SocialEngine has the right to un-certify any product at anytime if it does not meet SocialEngine’s compatibility standards.
3. Versioning and submission of upgrades: Experts are required to analyze the difference between minor and major upgrades well. Since major upgrades trigger reapproval from the SocialEngine team, it might take us some time to test, review and certify those upgrades. The new “major” upgrades will be available for download in the account dashboard of our site only after getting certified by our team.
Certified products must be uniform in versioning. These should coincide with SocialEngine release versions (4.8, 4.9, etc)
Each major version release will require re-certification testing. Minor version releases will not require testing.In order to assure uniformity in versions, we define a Major version as any numbered release without an alpha-numeric sub-designation. We define a minor release as a release having an alpha-numeric sub-designation. See the examples below.
Example: Major release (triggers re-certification) - 4.9, 4.9.1, 4.9.2, 4.9.3. Minor release (does not trigger re-certification) - 4.9.2m1, 4.9.2m2, 4.9.3m3
Though you can use any alphabetical character for your sub-designation, we suggest staying away from “a” or “b” as those tend to be used for alpha and beta releases in the software industry and “p” tends to be for patch releases.
Webligo Developments reserve the right to:
Webligo Developments provides this Marketplace as a courtesy so that our clients and third party developers have an easy venue to find and sell products or services. We do not guarantee any amount of uptime, results in sales, or approval time for Expert Profiles or Products. We strive to provide the best experience we can, and will improve things as we see fit. By using our Marketplace, you acknowledge and agree to all of the above.